About Design Simulation Technologies
DST Announces SimWise V9.0
Integrated Motion and FEA simulation product receives new Optimization capabilities
(Canton, MI June 28, 2013) – DST (Design Simulation Technologies, Inc.; www.design-simulation.com), a leading provider of affordable and flexible physics based simulation software for the professional and education markets, today announced the availability of SimWise V9.0. This release introduces a significant new integrated Optimization capability as a standard feature in the SimWise 4D product. This enhancement will allow the powerful simulation capabilities of SimWise 4D to be used with the HEEDs optimization engine providing designers and engineers with the ability to achieve optimal designs.
SimWise delivers 3D kinematic and dynamic motion simulation tightly coupled with 3D Finite Element Analysis (FEA) in a single, affordable package integrated with leading CAD systems allowing fundamental engineering questions such as “Does it work?” and “Will it break?” to be answered. The new optimization capability answers the question “How to make it better?”. Knowing the answer to these questions early in the design cycle allows necessary changes to be made at the most cost effective time without going through the expensive and time consuming steps of building a physical prototype, testing it, and redesigning it.
“SimWise was great value before V9.0” said Alan Wegienka, DST President. “With the addition of optimization, SimWise offers an unmatched set of capabilities at a price that makes it possible to place a copy on every engineer’s desktop. SimWise delivers a set of mechanical simulation tools with an unprecedented value proposition.”
Major capabilities of SimWise now include:
- 3D dynamic motion simulation featuring a robust 3D contact capability that allows real-world interactions between moving parts to be simulated.
- 3D Finite Element Analysis (FEA) coupled with the motion simulation allowing stresses due to dynamic loading to be quickly calculated. Features such as automatic adaptivity provide high quality results. Normal modes, buckling and steady state thermal analyses are also provided.
- A Simulink interface that allows control systems modeled in Simulink to be co-simulated with a mechanical system modeled in SimWise.
- Associative interfaces with SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor, and SpaceClaim Engineer.
- Ability to read CAD data from Catia V5, NX, Creo/Elements, ACIS, Parasolids, STEP, IGES, and STL.
- The new optimization capabilities based in the HEEDS® engine licensed from Red Cedar Technology.
DST develops physics-based simulation software. The company's products are used by engineering professionals to build and test virtual models of their mechanical designs, and by STEM educators and students in the classroom to teach and learn about physics and engineering kinematics, dynamics, and machine design.
With DST's SimWise 4D, Working Model 2D, and Dynamic Designer products, users evaluate design performance, by conducting complete, accurate simulations. Engineers, professors and students can quickly perform “what-if” analyses, find and correct design problems, plus refine and validate designs without the need for physical prototypes.
Students in high school and college use Interactive Physics, DST's award-winning educational software, to explore and understand the physical world through simulation.
DST develops, markets, and supports these software tools for commercial and academic users worldwide. Selected DST products are available from leading CAD suppliers and CAE resellers. Learn more by visiting the DST website at www.design-simulation.com.